Highly driven but no impact? If you are a professional in mid-career who has a mission, but you’re not coming into your own while the clock is ticking, let me help you accelerate your impact.
Aim high, break through and make that difference. You are needed! Let’s change the world together.
My signature A.L.I.G.N.® process is a super simple and efficient way to set yourself up for success. You can simply do it yourself.
You can go deeper with my support. Full disclosure: I am not about a quick fix, but I am about the big fix. I help you overcome once and for all what makes you feel stuck or lost, so that you never feel doubt about again whether or not you’re getting it right. You’ll have inner calm and a solid compass you can trust to guide you to success. All it takes is a readiness to look within and go beyond.
I’ve been privileged to work with countless clients, who have been promoted, successfully pivoted or rekindled their career, found their true calling, started their own business, and feel accomplished and valued.
My mission is to better the world by supporting people who are driven by a purpose beyond profit, power and status, to make a real difference.
I can help you:
- Discover what your ‘unique selling point’ is
- Overcome what blocks you from sharing what you have to offer
- Position and present yourself with maximum impact
True leadership is not a skill-set, but a mind- and ‘heart-set’.
Ik werk ook in het Nederlands. Türkçe de konuşabiliriz.
My life changed forever when I gave up my job in the Dutch foreign service and walked straight into a war. As a young diplomat I was posted in Istanbul. I had an interesting, prestigious job. But I wanted to have more impact.
I felt terrible about telling my boss that this life was not for me. But I jumped. I knew I could write. And a war had just broken out. So even though I had no experience as a reporter, and only one newspaper promised to take one story from me, I made my way to Iraq. It turned out to be the first of many times.
Working as a news correspondent in the Middle East I was driven by the belief that my reporting made a difference for the people whose suffering I was witnessing. In some cases it clearly did. But rather than acknowledging that all these problems were too big for me to tackle on my own and that I was doing my fair share, I was getting more and more frustrated about the lack of impact I thought I had.
I sought fault inside myself. Was I not doing enough? Was I not fit for the job? Was I not getting it right? I pushed and pushed myself, until I pushed myself over the edge. All of a sudden, everything that had been giving meaning to my life seemed pointless. I felt totally numb and stuck.
My journey out of that dark, unhappy place taught me a lot. Not only about myself and the mysterious ways of the subconscious. I started recognising certain patterns in others too. Soon, I felt called to start helping people who want to add value, but feel they’re not coming into their own. Eventually I left the profession I had loved so much to follow this new calling.
What I bring to the table:
- 2 decades as a news-correspondent in a region where people can’t speak their mind taught me to ask the right questions and listen for what’s not being said
- 20 years on radio and T.V. taught me how to present with authority, brevity and clarity
- 2 years recovering from PTSD & burning out taught me what resilience really is and how to easily set boundaries
- 6 years of being bullied at my primary school impacted me deeply for life. Overcoming that trauma gave me the expertise to help others heal
- 12 years working with changemakers who feel held back taught me the easiest way to get into focused action mode
- 100’s of clients who trusted me have taught me how to uncover hidden qualities and talents
- 3 years as director of PWI’s Mentoring Program have taught me to recognise and develop leadership qualities
- life-long studying of the brain, mind & body taught me what the one issue is that’s at the core of most of our troubles
- 19 years being a mother may have stretched my work-life balance, but taught me unconditional love
- 5 books published taught me the importance of finding your true voice
- 1 book in the making is teaching me the surprising reason that so many women with leadership ambitions don’t make it to the top, and how to change that
Let’s explore how I can help you aim high, break through and make that difference.
Please find my terms and conditions here.